Facebook has just crossed the 9 Million users in Pakistan milestone. This is a great achievement for Facebook, and an indicator of how fast the social network is growing. We crossed the 8 Million users milestone on January 1st, 2013 and in less than 6 months we’re standing at 9 Million users marker.
To put that in perspective, that’s almost 5 new users joining Facebook every single minute! Cool huh?
Speaking of cool, we decided to celebrate this moment with a nifty little infographic. So we grabbed our magnifying glass, a can of Red Bull and dug into the numbers, and boy did we find some patterns!
To give you a taste of what’s to come, here’s some of the top facts:
- Facebook gained the last Million users in 175 days.
- Over 70% users, or 6.3 Million users are 25 yrs old or younger.
- Almost 174,000 users have a birthday within next week.
- Over 2 Million users are College graduates
- 5 Million users have accessed Facebook through a Mobile phone in the last 30 days, more than half of them were NOT smartphones.
- Android is the dominant smartphone OS, with 67% market share.
- Women & age 30+ audience prefers Apple iOS, while Android is more popular among male youth.
- Apple is popular among teens, while Nokia & HTC appeal more to 18+ audience.
- Dell computers are popular among teens, while HP computers & products are very popular among young professionals.
- Ufone is significantly more popular on Facebook, and is also comparatively more popular among females.
There’s a lot more gems and cool facts in there, so dig right in!
Please note that these stats are about Facebook users in Pakistan only, and may not equate to actual market share of different brands mentioned here-in.
If you have any queries or questions about the information shared, give us a holler in the comments and we’ll clear it right up for you.